Tuesday, March 20, 2012

GROWING STUFF-Day 11

What a beaut!
We're coming up on DAY 11 here, and it is finally harvest time.  Looking at the mushies it seems as though I could have probably picked them yesterday.  Today they are a bit on the dry side, a little bit discolored, and the caps are starting to curl upwards a bit too much.  At any rate, you live you learn.  Now I know for the next round when is the optimum time to pick!  Also, as you will see in the pictures below, the mushroom kit does not produce a high yield, just one bunch per grow cycle.  If I am to seriously consider growing mushrooms, I either need more kits (which will get pricey) or I need to use a more productive grow method!



Right before picking

Right before picking

ze back side of ze caps

ze bottom side of ze caps

ze side view of ze caps (for scale man)!

No comments:

Post a Comment